Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele

I swear I will get around to listening to his "bad" albums eventually, once my internet at home gets working again (if you are reading this, I am either posting from a Panera, a mall, or my internet got fixed), but this is hands-down his best work. Filled completely with limber wordplay and rhymes as fast as a ninja star, densely worded and endlessly listenable, this is the first solo album that declared just how amazing Ghostface can be. There's humor, nostalgia (Child's Play), gritty street stories ("Saturday Nite") and "Wu Banga 101," yet another great group track (though only about half the group) on a Ghostface solo. How good is it? I intended on sleeping at one point last night and wound up listening to about 2/3 of it before actually needing to go to bed and putting it back on in the morning. And that wasn't my first time listening to it, either.

No comments: