Sunday, November 16, 2008

Bond Themes

Just saw Quantum of Solace. I liked a number of touches, but if they copied the Bourne-style directing for even a minute longer, I might have gotten dizzy. Overall, a respectable entry in the series. I'd like to see Camille come back as sort of a Moneypenny-esque character Bond flirts with but doesn't sleep with, but obviously I'd come back to the next one in any case.

Oh, this is a music blog, yeah? Well, as far as Jack White/Alicia Keys' collaboration goes, I don't know. As a song, it's okay, and as a Bond theme, it's okay. It sounds an awful lot like a rejected Raconteurs song, though, with Alicia Keys' (wonderful) voice being fed through some effects. It almost sounds like Jack White singing duet with Brendan Benson after a bike riding accident. Not awful, by any means, and the title sequence was quite good.

To part, here's a couple Bond themes:
Paul McCartney - Live and Let Die
Duran Duran - A View to a Kill
Tom Jones - Thunderball

And, my favorite:
From Russia with Love title sequence

No comments: